The HKN Sarsang Block power project is a power generation plant for an extraction and processing oil and gas field plant in Duhook, Kurdistan Iraq.
The main fuel extracted from the well is Flare gas which is used to power up the MTU gas gen-sets.
Genset Models and Capacities:
- 2 x MTU 20V4000L32 ER (2 x 1.6MW Gas)
- 2 x Mitsubishi S16R2PTAW (2 x 1.8MW Diesel)
Location: Duhook, Kurdistan Iraq
Year 2019, 2020
Project Features and Challenges:
- * The first flare gas reciprocating engine project in the Levant.
- * A gas with a low methane number of 56.
- * The challenge to have an optimized design for a site with dimensional restrictions.
- * The challenge to containerize the whole in a 40 feet container.
- * The challenge to get engines to run under temperatures varying between -20 °C and +50 °C.
- * The challenge to synchronize and integrate 2 gas gensets with the master control panel of the complete oil & gas plant.
Diesel and Gas Power Packages: